nonfatal error building 64-bit 6.6.9-7 on Win7

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
rmabry

nonfatal error building 64-bit 6.6.9-7 on Win7

Post by rmabry »

My first build of the 64-bit IM (fresh from ImageMagick-6.6.9-7) using Visual Studio 10 gives the following error:

Code: Select all

jas_version.c
9>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1151,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\ImageMagick\VisualMagick\wmf\..\lib\CORE_wmf.lib) does not match the Library's OutputFile property value (C:\ImageMagick\VisualMagick\lib\CORE_RL_wmf_.lib). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Lib.OutputFile).
9>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1153,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(CORE_wmf) does not match the Library's OutputFile property value (CORE_RL_wmf_). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Lib.OutputFile).
8>  jp2_cod.c
9>..\Release\CORE_wmf\api.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'
9>
9>Build FAILED.
Subsequently:

27>Link:
27>     Creating library ..\lib\IM_MOD_RL_wpg_.lib and object ..\lib\IM_MOD_RL_wpg_.exp
25>  IM_MOD_xbm_mt_dll.vcxproj -> C:\ImageMagick\VisualMagick\coders\..\lib\IM_MOD_xbm.dll
26>  IM_MOD_x_mt_dll.vcxproj -> C:\ImageMagick\VisualMagick\coders\..\lib\IM_MOD_x.dll
23>  IM_MOD_xcf_mt_dll.vcxproj -> C:\ImageMagick\VisualMagick\coders\..\lib\IM_MOD_xcf.dll
28>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\ImageMagick\VisualMagick\lib\CORE_RL_wmf_.lib'
28>
28>Build FAILED.
Those were the only two errors and it seems I can use the resulting system for basic business. In fact, I expected not to be able to create a wmf file but the following command worked:

convert logo: logo.wmf
Still, it's worrisome. Perhaps I was supposed to somehow edit config.h when building, but I prefer to leave those things to magickians.

Rick