Converting to an ICC profile's color space

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
blue-j

Converting to an ICC profile's color space

Post by blue-j »

If you want to convert to an ICC profile (e.g. sRGB.icm) but NOT embed the profile in the resultant image, what do you do? Right now, I'm just stripping it out afterward, but am wondering if there's a way to do it in one operation. Thanks!
blue-j

Re: Converting to an ICC profile's color space

Post by blue-j »

i am specifically trying to convert a CMYK image to RGB. i find that:

convert -profile "sRGB.icm" CMYK_input.psd RGB_output.jpg

keeps the output image in CMYK, yet embeds the RGB profile, which of course is not acceptable.

so, i try to convert to the RGB colorspace first:

convert -colorspace RGB CMYK_input.psd RGB_output.jpg

and then use the -profile conversion again, but the original conversion is so bad, it is unusable. i also try with an ICC profile embedded in the input image with the same commands, with no difference. i was careful to avoid double conversions as well. can anyone offer any guidance? thanks!!
blue-j

Re: Converting to an ICC profile's color space

Post by blue-j »

also, i did install +lcms and show that i am running 1.18a. also, my IM version 6.5.2-9. however, i am not confident that IM is using LCMS... does convert automatically have access to it, or do I need to configure a path for using LCMS?