why the gif is faster in ie than in firefox ?

MagickWand for PHP is an object-oriented PHP interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning MagickWand for PHP.
bestscw

why the gif is faster in ie than in firefox ?

Post by bestscw »

I make a gif with magickWand ,the gif is faster in ie than in firefox ?

please tell me the reason

the img is following!

You can compare firefox and ie in the next
QooooQ

Re: why the gif is faster in ie than in firefox ?

Post by QooooQ »

I have the feeling that this example is not the best for comparing the speeds.

But still I have the impression that this gif is faster in ie then in firefox, but only slightly (if it's not my own imagination)

But what I can tell, is that in Photoshop, and in Irfanview and in Firefox I often saw different speeds.
But I didn't bother, If it's to fast in one program, it will be to fast in the other program too, then the difference shouldn't matter and it's the same with a speed that is to slow.

But maybe you mean that the speed difference between ie and ff is very big (one is slowly blinking and the other is like glowing or so)
Then I guess you must have a lack of memory or cpu or so and ff and ie have different coping strategies for that (one is more intelligent and is less resource consuming and the other behaves worse or they set different priories for gif rendering)?
mrBlaQ

Re: why the gif is faster in ie than in firefox ?

Post by mrBlaQ »

I believe IE ignores the framerate values per frame that every other browser and image program do pay attention to.