Working with php image resources

MagickWand for PHP is an object-oriented PHP interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning MagickWand for PHP.
mordisko

Working with php image resources

Post by mordisko »

Hello everyone!
I just downloaded an installed my imagemagick+magickwand and was toying a little with it. It's very hard to learn it due to the lack of tutorials =(

I found a limitation wich will make my job harder and it's that imagemagick does not seem to be able to work with php image resources (or at least i don't know how). Is there any way that a magickwand can read -and understand- an image resource created from php gd? let's say, for example, and imagecreatefromjpeg().

I've seen that you can work with blobs or files, but i did not find a way to do this.
Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Mordisko

EDIT: mispelling (my english is terrible!)
Romain

Re: Working with php image resources

Post by Romain »

I am learning as well, and this tutorial helps me a lot along with the documentation:
http://www.ioncannon.net/php/61/php-ima ... -examples/
umitdogan

Post by umitdogan »

Hi,
There is no resource on the web. I have spent long hours but got no information.
I need to work with transparent images. But I had lots of unsolved problems. I am planning to change my direction.
The worst documented project I have ever seen :(
mordisko

Post by mordisko »

Well, it's not the topic of the post but maybe this can help you. I needed a code to shear an image and let it in a transparent background and i ended with this (it's part of a class so maybe some things make no sense, just ignore them). The point is to use the pixelwand as 'transparent' and convert the image to a type you can handle.

Code: Select all

function perspectiva($imagen='',$x=0,$y=0) {
			if (!$imagen&&!$imagen=$this->Fichero)
				return false;

$wand=NewMagickWand();	
			MagickReadImage($wand,$imagen);
			$pixel=NewPixelWand();
			PixelSetColor($pixel,"transparent");
			MagickSetImageFormat($wand,"PNG");
			MagickShearImage($wand,$pixel,$x,$y);
			MagickEchoImageBlob($wand);
			return true;