Building 6.3.8 and above

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
tsdineen

Building 6.3.8 and above

Post by tsdineen »

I am building and application using the MagickWand interface. My build script has been consistant on Linux since IM-6.3.3. When testing IM-6.3.9, I am able to build my application, but my testing suite doesn't return from the first test. Our builds must be built on an outdated version of rhel; although, the patches remain current.

Linux rhel4gold 2.6.9-67.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Nov 30 11:51:05 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Here is my setup for
export LIBS="-lXm -lXt -lX11 `$MAGICK_LOC/bin/Magick-config --libs`"
export LIBRARIES="-L/usr/X11R6/lib `$MAGICK_LOC/bin/Magick-config --ldflags` -Wl,-R$MAGICK_LOC/lib"

The code appears to be hanging in

im->image = PingImage(image_info, &exception);

Display appears to work fine. Is there some change, I might be missing like additional defines or more information added to the image_info that wasn't required previously?

Thanks,
tsdineen

Re: Building 6.3.8 and above

Post by tsdineen »

I finally sat down to figure out my problem. Since I don't have access to install ImageMagick over the default version that comes with RHEL4, I have to install these into a separate directory. My build scripts that access the includes were still pointing to $prefix/include instead of the newer $prefix/include/ImageMagick location. Once my builds stopped using the original 6.0.7 headers, I was able to run my validation tests.