HDRI Q32 compiling under Mac OS X

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
highprecision

HDRI Q32 compiling under Mac OS X

Post by highprecision »

Hello,

I am having trouble compiling Q32 with HDRI under Mac OS X 10.4 on an Intel iMac. As I am relatively new to compiling in the Terminal, it seems that I was wrong in thinking I could just ignore errors. After doing some reading I think I have a general idea of what is going on, and I am using these commands to compile:

Code: Select all

cd /Users/USERNAME/Desktop/ImageMagick-6.3.5/
make uninstall
make distclean
make clean
export CFLAGS="-O -g -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/ -arch i386 -I/sw/include/"
export LDFLAGS="-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/,-L/sw/lib/"
./configure --with-tiff=yes --with-jpeg=yes --with-quantum-depth=32 --enable-hdri=yes --disable-dependency-tracking --without-magick-plus-plus --without-x --without-perl
make -j2
sudo make install
And during make I get an error about could not load library libdl.dylib because it is PPC.
Any help you could offer on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
seanburke1979

Re: HDRI Q32 compiling under Mac OS X

Post by seanburke1979 »

Give this a shot:
cd ImageMagick-6.3.5
./configure --enable-hdri --with-quantum-depth=32
sudo make install

As a default, IM tries to make all of the available image formats for your distribution, so you don't have to include the TIFF and JPEG options.

If you post your errors explicitly (cut and paste), it will be easier to debug the problems that come up.

Good luck,

Sean
highprecision

Post by highprecision »

Thanks, that worked!
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Set your quantum depth to 16, not 32 for HDRI. HDRI is floating point so a quantum depth of 1 is all that is necessary but we set it at 16 because ImageMagick has a number of mapping algorithms which never exceeds 65536 elements making Q32 unnecessary.
highprecision

Post by highprecision »

Thanks, I didn't realize that, but its for a specialty application where Q32 is necessary, HDR was an add-on.