may I continue post here if it is now a request for feature?

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
farmkittie

may I continue post here if it is now a request for feature?

Post by farmkittie »

Hello,

I have a long post in the users section pertaining to my efforts to understand TIFF images and how to overcome a problem with images changing to a "negative" after processing. At the end of the post (post starting yesterday with a title similar to: "when creating thumbnails c. 15% etc...") I asked if there is a parameter in Image::Magick that can toggle the photometric interpretation in a TIFF image between min-is-white and min-is-black. If not, could it be added? I have discovered since my last post that I can run tiffset -s 262 minisblack filename.tif and it will flip that value so that Image::Magick's processing won't affect the image but am hoping for a solution within Image::Magick to a problem I realize is not caused by Image::Magick

This is a highly important endeavor for me so I hope the experts on Image::Magick can help with a parameter or some additional insight as to how IM uses that value of a TIFF file. Thanks!
magick
Site Admin

Re: may I continue post here if it is now a request for feature?

Post by magick »

We'll add -define quantum:polarity=min-is-black and -define quantum:polarity=min-is-white to the next ImageMagick point release to toggle the photometric interpretation in a TIFF image between min-is-white and min-is-black.
farmkittie

Re: may I continue post here if it is now a request for feature?

Post by farmkittie »

Thanks, looking forward to it. You guys are great.