Redux 2 Software Error 05/30

Use this forum for comments, suggestions or problems related to the online ImageMagick Studio web interface @ https://imagemagick.org/MagickStudio.
GEST

Redux 2 Software Error 05/30

Post by GEST »

Here's a software error message being generated all day today (05/29) by the new Redux site (Redux 2?) Note also that the e-mail addy at the end of the error message (cristy@pair.com) is also not-functioning. Why have it there?
Software error:
Bareword "QuantumRange" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/www/users/cristy/MagickStudio/scripts/MagickStudio.cgi line 3762. Bareword "QuantumRange" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/www/users/cristy/MagickStudio/scripts/MagickStudio.cgi line 3763. Bareword "QuantumRange" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/www/users/cristy/MagickStudio/scripts/MagickStudio.cgi line 3764. Bareword "QuantumRange" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/www/users/cristy/MagickStudio/scripts/MagickStudio.cgi line 3765. Execution of /usr/www/users/cristy/MagickStudio/scripts/MagickStudio.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (cristy@pair.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
mlski

Post by mlski »

Gest -

Are you still having problems? I just ran pics through all of the Redux IMs and all worked fine through both the browse option and URL option.

Only one I'm still having problems with is Amish.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Because of limited time we tend to fix problems we see posted but do not always post that its been fixed. Since we have 5 seconds of free time, we confirm that the Pair MagickStudio site has been repaired to redirect to Redux. Pair has an older version of ImageMagick, 5.5.7, so we don't use it.
GEST

Post by GEST »

mlski wrote: Gest -

Are you still having problems? I just ran pics through all of the Redux IMs and all worked fine through both the browse option and URL option.

Sorry for the delay in a reply, ML, but we've been up to the warm waters of the Northumberland Strait for a few days of hot weather. 8)

I think the problem I still have is somehow being caused by my portal for Redux at the GEST Workshop. There may be a very minor error in the URL ending for that specific portal in the URL itself. I know it's not the coding because all the other portals (excluding Amish) operate on the same script.

Redux is the only one which reverts back to an URL entry form when an operation button such as 'resize' is keyed after the image has already been entered through the GEST portal onto the I/M function selection page.

~ Clear as mud, eh? ~

It's got me stymied. Maybe you'd like to grab an image URL and give it a shot at the GEST Workshop. I've given up on it for today. Too many other things to catch up on.
:roll:

Thanks, ML....
mlski

Post by mlski »

Gest -

On PC - suddenly I can't get any of the dropdowns to function once I make a choice - just sits there.
GEST

Post by GEST »

That's odd. Maybe it's a WebTV-only script. The dropdown works for me on MSN/WebTV but takes about five seconds to kick in and a few more to load the image on the I/M page. Typical for WebTV, eh? At the original Redux page, no image loads, but I can click the function buttons along the header; however, after selecting the function parameters and clicking on the action button, the page reverts to the 'enter URL' form. :roll:

mlski wrote: GEST -

On PC - suddenly I can't get any of the dropdowns to function once I make a choice - just sits there.
GEST

Post by GEST »

mlski wrote: Gest -

Ahhh.... Finally figured out the problem with the original Redux portal at the GEST Workshop. As per my suspicions, the URL was wrong. I was using:

http://www.imagemagick.org/MagickStudio ... Studio.cgi

when I should have been using:

http://studio.imagemagick.net/MagickStu ... Studio.cgi

Thank goodness that's fixed. Now, if someone could contact Paul Ding and find out what's up with the Amish version of ImageMagick, we would have all six working again for MSN/WebTV users. The e-mail I sent to the address previously used for Paul was returned as unknown. :roll:
mlski

Post by mlski »

I've never dealt with Paul - not even in the olden days when I was still on the webtv - so I can't help you there.

I did mention recent updates to Chai with the net4tv IM - he's looking into that - but they're real busy right now so it might be a while before that's dealt with. But he is aware.
GEST

Post by GEST »

mlski wrote: I've never dealt with Paul - not even in the olden days when I was still on the webtv - so I can't help you there.

I did mention recent updates to Chai with the net4tv IM - he's looking into that - but they're real busy right now so it might be a while before that's dealt with. But he is aware.

Thanks to the magic wand of Jerry Hollingshead all six of the GEST Workshop Image Magick portals are up and running perfectly, even for PC users. The dropdown menu has been tested by mlski and it works on her PC as well. :P