FAIL: tests/wandtest.tap 1

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
cybergrrl
Authentication code: 6789

Post by cybergrrl »

the result of "make check" looks like this:

FAIL: tests/wandtest
====================

lt-wandtest: delegate library support not built-in `/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/n019003l.pfb' (Freetype) @ warning/annotate.c/RenderFreetype/1559.
lt-wandtest: no decode delegate for this image format `PNG' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/501.
lt-wandtest: delegate library support not built-in `/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/n019003l.pfb' (Freetype) @ warning/annotate.c/RenderFreetype/1559.
lt-wandtest: no decode delegate for this image format `PNG' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/501.
tests/wandtest.c main 5323 non-conforming drawing primitive definition `text' @ error/draw.c/DrawImage/3170

Can I ignore these errors?
halfnium
Authentication code: 1151

Re: FAIL: tests/wandtest.tap 1

Post by halfnium »

I also encountered an error with wandtest.tap 1. The 'make check' script asked me to report that.

Please advise how I should correct the problem, or advise that I should ignore the error and proceed. My objective is to connect ImageMagick to PHP 5.6.15 via Imagick. I would prefer to act on good advice rather than fumble around, mess up my system and become confused.

Thanks!

Configuration:
ImageMagic 6.9.2, downloaded from Source Forge as ImageMagick-6.9.2-10.tar.xz
Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64
XAMPP 5.6.15-1
gsfonts 1:8.11+urwcyr1.0.7~pre44-4.2ubuntu1 (I report this because "gsfonts" seems to be related to the error report.)

Code: Select all

=========================================
   ImageMagick 6.9.2: ./test-suite.log
=========================================

# TOTAL: 40
# PASS:  39
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

.. contents:: :depth: 2

FAIL: tests/wandtest
====================

lt-wandtest: delegate library support not built-in `/usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/n019003l.pfb' (Freetype) @ warning/annotate.c/RenderFreetype/1558.
lt-wandtest: delegate library support not built-in `/usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/n019003l.pfb' (Freetype) @ warning/annotate.c/RenderFreetype/1558.
tests/wandtest.c main 5321 non-conforming drawing primitive definition `text' @ error/draw.c/DrawImage/3169
Reading images...
Iterate forward...
index 0 scene 0
index 1 scene 1
index 2 scene 2
index 3 scene 3
index 4 scene 4
Iterate reverse...
index 4 scene 4
index 3 scene 3
index 2 scene 2
index 1 scene 1
index 0 scene 0
Remove scene 1...
index 0 scene 0
index 1 scene 2
index 2 scene 3
index 3 scene 4
Insert scene 1 back in sequence...
index 0 scene 0
index 1 scene 1
index 2 scene 2
index 3 scene 3
index 4 scene 4
Set scene 2 to scene 1...
index 0 scene 0
index 1 scene 1
index 2 scene 1
index 3 scene 3
index 4 scene 4
Apply image processing options...
not ok
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

I am not a Linux expert. I work on a Mac. But it looks to me like you either have not installed the gs fonts or have not told IM where to find them. For example from my ./configure

./configure CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/local/include' LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib' \
  --enable-delegate-build --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-opencl \
  --with-modules --with-quantum-depth=16 --with-gslib --without-wmf --with-rsvg \
  --disable-silent-rules --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-openmp --without-pango \
  --with-gs-font-dir=/opt/local/share/ghostscript/fonts/ --with-lqr
You should be able to download the gs fonts from http://www.imagemagick.org/download/delegates/

Have you installed any delegate libraries, since you also seem to have an error regarding PNG?

What do you get from

convert -version

For example on my system:

convert -version
Version: ImageMagick 6.9.2-10 Q16 x86_64 2015-12-21 http://www.imagemagick.org
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2016 ImageMagick Studio LLC
License: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php
Features: Cipher DPC Modules 
Delegates (built-in): bzlib cairo fftw fontconfig freetype gslib jbig jng jp2 jpeg lcms lqr ltdl lzma openexr png ps rsvg tiff webp x xml zlib
Sorry, I do not know anything about wandtest or configuring with PHP or Imagick.
halfnium

Post by halfnium »

Thanks for the quick reply!

'convert -version' produces not-so-useful information, since the 'make install' failed with the previously reported error. 'Convert -version' yields:

convert: error while loading shared libraries: libMagickCore-6.Q16.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I went looking for installed gsfonts and found the version information that I previously presented. I suspect that is a red herring, however.

Searching on '+PNG +delegate' yields a number of hits that may be relevant to my problem. For instance, see thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28836&p=128415&hili ... te#p128415

Like axelrose, I am attempting to install an ImageMagick version later than 6.8.9-10. I'm reluctant to blindly follow the lead of a user who has a far better understanding than I of what is installed on his system and where to find it.
halfnium

Post by halfnium »

Further to my last post, I do find the font named in the error message. It is located at the same path as given in the error message. It and all the other fonts in that same directory have 'modified' dates of Sept. 21, 2010.

I didn't provide explicit guidance to locations of fonts and delegates when I built ImageMagick. I used a just-plain-vanilla './configure' command. It seems that this has worked well in the past, since the discussion I found on the Web mentioned adding no command-line options. Looks like something has changed in how ImageMagick is packaged and/or what support Ubuntu provides in version 14.04 and where it's located in the filesystem.