Missing iapi.h when executing BuildImageMagickObject release

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
faacody

Missing iapi.h when executing BuildImageMagickObject release

Post by faacody »

I'm attempting to add a compile definition to ImageMagick.dll to keep the error dialog from being presented (while keeping the error logging intact) since we are hoping to use it as part of a service.

I've successfully built the VisualStaticMT solution using VS C++ 2005. However, when I attempt to run the BuildImageMagickObject command, I get (from magick/delegate.h(26)) the fatal error:

C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ghostscript/iapi.h': No such file or directory.

How do I obtain iapi.h? I have ghostscript and gsview installed but cannot locate iapi.h on my system. Have I missed a step somewhere?
dannyyy

Missing iapi.h and ierrors.h Ghostscript files

Post by dannyyy »

I'm having the same problem. Here is the output:

Code: Select all

:: === CORE_magick, Release Win32 ===
..\..\magick\delegate.h:26: ghostscript/iapi.h: No such file or directory
..\..\magick\delegate.h:27: ghostscript/ierrors.h: No such file or directory
:: === Build finished: 2 errors, 0 warnings ===
Where can I get these files ? And where to place them ?
magick
Site Admin

Re: Missing iapi.h when executing BuildImageMagickObject release

Post by magick »

Looks like you need to install Ghostscript.
dannyyy

Post by dannyyy »

Yes, I know that, but the Ghostscript package doesn't contains the headers I mentioned.

I got it from the website http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ and choose the GPL Ghostscript 8.60 package. This is the right file I need ?
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Is there a Ghostscript development package? It would include the required headers. If you do not want to include Ghostscript support, edit magick-config.h and uncomment the HasGS define.
dannyyy

Post by dannyyy »

I guess it is a development package, because I found a link for it on ImageMagick website, on the "Introducing Image Formats" page (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/formats.php).

I need Postscript and PDF support on my project, so I can't disable Ghostscript.

After a search on Google, I noticed that more people are having the same problem.

Edit: I found the headers after searching the development package. Sorry.

But where I need to put the "ghostscript-8.60" directory, and how do I integrate it with ImageMagick ?