ImageMagickObject & ColdFusion 7?

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
eakolb

ImageMagickObject & ColdFusion 7?

Post by eakolb »

I've read of some folks having trouble getting ImageMagickObject to behave nicely in CF7. I'm having some difficulties myself -- has anyone been able to get this COM object behaving since version 7?
magick
Site Admin

Re: ImageMagickObject & ColdFusion 7?

Post by magick »

Have you tried ImageMagickObject from the current release of ImageMagick, 6.3.4-10? There was a stack overflow problem we fixed recently.
eakolb

Post by eakolb »

Our development box is using IM version 6.3.4 6/14/07 Q16. The issue I'm encountering is that I would instance the COM object and successfully dump it, but when I tried to use the methods named in the dump output, I'd get an error complaining that the method used does not exist.

I'm in the process of transitioning from PHP to CF, but I've read of some folks having issues using ImageMagickObject since CF7. It may well be that I'm just not doing it right, so I'm looking for a positive example of someone using it in this version to help shed some light on the problem.
alexeiramone

Post by alexeiramone »

The method not found is a weird but. Methods are there but if there's some error in the method call it throws this nasty error.

<cfscript>
oImage=createobject("com","ImageMagickObject.MagickImage.1");
here=expandpath("."); // this translates local webpath to system path
outfile="#here#\output.gif";
infile="#here#\base01.png";
ox=oImage.Convert(infile,outfile);
releasecomobject(oImage);
</cfscript>

This never actually worked, but there's no error.... I just gave up on this. Coldfusion DLL support since MX sucks.
alexeiramone

Post by alexeiramone »

BTW, Has ANYONE managed to make ImagemagickObject work in Coldfusion?

I managed to make it work calling executables via <CFEXECUTE> and passing parameters, but I never managed to pass parameters to DOS in UTF-8. Anyone?