VB6 and Caption Problem

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
pixelpop
Authentication code: 6789

VB6 and Caption Problem

Post by pixelpop »

I am new to ImageMagick, I have installed ImageMagick-6.8.4-7-Q16-x86-dll.exe and created a VB project with the ImageMagick reference enabled. I need to create a caption, but am having an issue. I have tried shell, but only the first word of the caption is included in the graphic, along with the first single quote. So the output of the shell command is a graphic file with 'This as the only text. My shell command is:

retVal = shell("C:\ImageMagick\convert -background lightblue -fill blue -font Corsiva -pointsize 36 -size 320x caption:'This is a very long caption line.' C:\Users\Jim\Desktop\caption.gif")

My attempts to use the COM object (using examples from the forum) have not been successful at all (no output).

Whether I use shell or COM makes no difference, just need something that works. If someone could tell me why the shell command is only outputiting the first word or a code example for COM that works, that would be a great help. Thanks!