PostScript Delegate failed ASP. FYI

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
InvisibleMan1002

PostScript Delegate failed ASP. FYI

Post by InvisibleMan1002 »

I have been unable to find the fix for this error.
~~
ImageMagickObject.MagickImage.1 error '80041771'

convert: 415: Postscript delegate failed `120579.eps': No such file or directory: convert: 410: missing an image filename `xtrnarray:0xecaec88,JPG:':

/imgresize.asp, line 52
~~
I was using this installation for windows...
ImageMagick-6.3.8-3-Q16-windows-dll.exe
With this release of GhostScript..
gs861w32.exe

A Visual Basic Script converts my files with no problem, but using the COM from ASP returns the above error.
When I was using
ImageMagick-6.2.9-2-Q16-windows-dll.exe
I did not have this problem.
I went back and forth with path, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc.

What I did find was that using the latest GhostScript(8.61) and the Latest ImageMagick(6.3.8) I could render from command line, but not from the COM object.
If I start stop my web server, regsvr32 /u the COM, uninstalled ImageMagick, then install 6.2.9, I have no problem getting the command line OR the COM to work from a web page.
Make sure if you are going back and forth, your paths are correct and the registry only has the current version listed.

There has to be something different with the way delegates work with the 6.3.8 version of ImageMagick.
I made sure my Paths were correct, the Registry had the correct GS_DLL, no matter what, nothing worked, until I went down to the version I previously had.

I'm not sure this will help anyone, but there it is.

I have spent an entire day on trying different things.

If anyone has been able to get the COM object to convert PDF files from within an ASP page using the current latest versions, please share how you got it to work!

With the old version, I'm reading an EPS/PDF file and displaying it to a web page as a GIF. Works perfect.

-Trey Aughenbaugh
DannyGM

Re: PostScript Delegate failed ASP. FYI

Post by DannyGM »

Code: Select all

Set img = CreateObject("ImageMagickObject.MagickImage.1")

Dim myArray(0)
myArray(0)="PDF:"
Response.contentType="APPLICATIOn/PDF"
l=img.convert ("logo:","-resize","550X550",myArray)
response.write l
response.binaryWrite myArray

RESPONSE.END
/

It's worked for me.

Make sure that there is not permission error on your system. you can check the Event Log.
Any way, I suggest you to add everyone execute access on the directory of ImageMagick.
Also everyone need access to the files that you want to convert.