DrawSetFontWeight

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
el_supremo

DrawSetFontWeight

Post by el_supremo »

Windows binary 6.2.9-8.

I've been trying to overlay text on a GIF image using MagickWand's DrawAnnotation function and I would like to produce small, "thin" text. The problem is that I can't seem to find a combination of font and font size which will produce text as thin and clear as the text that already exists on the image. It doesn't matter whether I use TTF or GS fonts.
The first step to getting thinner text was to use only DrawSetFillColor - using DrawSetStrokeColor with or without Fill makes the text a lot thicker.
The next step was to play with the weight. The docs say that DrawSetFontWeight "sets the font weight to use when annotating with text" but I have tried values from 100 to 900 for the weight and it makes no difference to the text that is drawn on the image.
Another thing I have found is that when I load different fonts, DrawGetFontWeight reports the value last set by DrawSetFontWeight or zero if DrawSetFontWeight hasn't been called yet - it doesn't report the weight of a font selected with DrawSetFont. A perusal of the source code shows that this is indeed what they do other than DrawSetFontWeight generates a MVG font-weight command which ultimately appears to have no effect - I haven't been able to follow it any further than that in the code.
Does DrawSetFontWeight have any effect on the text produced by DrawAnnotation and if so how?

Thanks
Pete