Deployment in Windows (DLL)

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
dbautista
Authentication code: 6789

Deployment in Windows (DLL)

Post by dbautista »

Hi to all!

I have developed a simple console program that takes a coloured PDF and makes it a black and white PDF. It works OK in my development machine (Windows XP 32 bits, Visual Studio 2010) but it always fails in the function MagickReadImage in other machines (Windows 7 and 8.1 without ImageMagick installed).

This is the program:

Code: Select all

// magickexample.cpp
#include "stdafx.h"
#include "wand/MagickWand.h"
#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, const char* argv[]) {
	if (argc != 3) {
		printf("\nUse: %s color_file.pdf bn_file.pdf\n\n", argv[0]);
		return -1;
	}
	const char* ifile = argv[1];
	const char* ofile = argv[2];
	int threshold = 80;

MagickWandGenesis();
	MagickWand* m_wand = NewMagickWand();

MagickBooleanType status = MagickReadImage(m_wand, ifile);
	if (status == MagickFalse)
		printf("!MagickReadImage (%d)\n", __LINE__);
	else {
		int npages = MagickGetNumberImages(m_wand);
		printf("npages = %d\n", npages);
		//MagickSetResolution(m_wand, 209.10, 98);
		MagickSetImageFormat(m_wand, "FAX");
		MagickResetIterator(m_wand);
		while (MagickNextImage(m_wand) != MagickFalse)
			MagickThresholdImage(m_wand, (double)threshold*(QuantumRange/100));
		status = MagickWriteImages(m_wand, ofile, MagickTrue);
		if (status == MagickFalse)
			printf("!MagickWriteImages (%d)\n", __LINE__);
	}
	DestroyMagickWand(m_wand);
	MagickWandTerminus();

return 0;
}
The compiling options:

/I"C:\ImageMagick-6.9.0-Q16-dll\include" /Zi /nologo /W3 /WX- /O2 /Oi /Oy- /GL /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /Gm- /EHsc /GS /Gy /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Yu"StdAfx.h" /Fp"Release\magickexample.pch" /Fa"Release\" /Fo"Release\" /Fd"Release\vc100.pdb" /Gd /analyze- /errorReport:queue 
The linking options:

/OUT:"C:\Documents and Settings\daniel\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\magickexample\Release\magickexample.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"C:\ImageMagick-6.9.0-Q16-dll\lib" "CORE_RL_wand_.lib" "kernel32.lib" "user32.lib" "gdi32.lib" "winspool.lib" "comdlg32.lib" "advapi32.lib" "shell32.lib" "ole32.lib" "oleaut32.lib" "uuid.lib" "odbc32.lib" "odbccp32.lib" /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:"Release\magickexample.exe.intermediate.manifest" /ALLOWISOLATION /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:\Documents and Settings\daniel\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\magickexample\Release\magickexample.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /OPT:REF /OPT:ICF /PGD:"C:\Documents and Settings\daniel\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\magickexample\Release\magickexample.pgd" /LTCG /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /MACHINE:X86 /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE 
These are the DLLs I include with the magickexample.exe:
  • CORE_RL_bzlib_.dll
  • CORE_RL_glib_.dll
  • CORE_RL_lcms_.dll
  • CORE_RL_lqr_.dll
  • CORE_RL_magick_.dll
  • CORE_RL_ttf_.dll
  • CORE_RL_wand_.dll
  • CORE_RL_zlib_.dll
  • MSVCP100.dll
  • MSVCR100.dll
  • VCOMP100.dll
Outside my development machine, it always fails with:

!MagickReadImage (22)
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
dbautista
Authentication code: 6789

Re: Deployment in Windows (DLL)

Post by dbautista »

OK, I finally found what it's needed to make it work:
  • Put ALL the CORE_RL_*.dll in the executable folder.
  • Put ALL the IM_MOD_RL_*.dll into an arbitraty folder (for instance, C:\ImageMagick\coders). Putting them in the executable folder WON'T WORK :roll:
  • Define an environment variable MAGICK_CODER_MODULE_PATH that points to the previous path (MAGICK_CODER_MODULE_PATH=C:\ImageMagick\coders). Although this should be done with the Registry... :oops:
  • Install ghostscript, because ImageMagick calls it for the conversion from/to PDF :shock:
Some links:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3050 ... gick-c-api