iOS MagickReadImage() errors on device

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
ZiggyST
Authentication code: 67789

iOS MagickReadImage() errors on device

Post by ZiggyST »

Hi,
I´m using magickwand to make some filters on images like composite images using MagickCompositeImage() like photoshop. (Normal,Overlay,Diffuse,etc..),
and i´m having trouble using MagickReadImage().

I tried this code, and some variants, to read an image from file on iphone and it didn´t work(it works on simulator)

Code: Select all

char *input_image = strdup([[[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:path ofType:type] UTF8String]);
    MagickSetLastIterator(magick_wand);
    if(MagickReadImage(magick_wand,input_image) == MagickFalse) {
        //>>> Report an error reading the input file
        ThrowWandException(magick_wand);
    }
I´m getting this error:
44 CorruptImage `/var/mobile/Applications/CBA49091-DE49-4E74-B72D-86CA119707DA/MyFiltersApp.app/normal1.png' @ error/png.c/ReadPNGImage/3695

Alternative, i´m using this, and it´s working fine but it takes way too long (like 5..9 seconds) to read the image.
I can´t use JPGRepresentation() because I need the images in PNG format because they have some alpha.

Code: Select all

-(MagickWand*)magiWandWithImage:(UIImage*)theimage
{

MagickWand *magick_wand = NewMagickWand();    
    NSData * objectData = UIImagePNGRepresentation(theimage);
	MagickBooleanType status = MagickReadImageBlob(magick_wand, [objectData bytes], [objectData length]);
	if (status == MagickFalse) {
		ThrowWandException(magick_wand);
	}
    return magick_wand;
}
Is there a faster or better way to do this?

Thanks in advance