MagickStudio error

Use this forum for comments, suggestions or problems related to the online ImageMagick Studio web interface @ https://imagemagick.org/MagickStudio.
lostboyz

MagickStudio error

Post by lostboyz »

The installation on my server is giving me this:

Exception 445: Cache resources exhausted `/home/masked/public_html/MagickStudio/workarea/77ada2a41116a440b6a8e94ee9364326d94466bc/MagickStudio.mpc':

I know it says it's a cache issue, exactly what cache would it be referring to?

Thanks
magick
Site Admin

Re: MagickStudio error

Post by magick »

The cache resources exhausted message is thrown when (1) the temporary file path (../workarea) does not have write permission set; (2) when the disk partition does not have enough space to write the image pixels; or (3) the image dimensions exceed the limit of the MagickStudio script which is typically 1GB.
lostboyz

Post by lostboyz »

magick wrote:The cache resources exhausted message is thrown when (1) the temporary file path (../workarea) does not have write permission set; (2) when the disk partition does not have enough space to write the image pixels; or (3) the image dimensions exceed the limit of the MagickStudio script which is typically 1GB.
1. Workarea permissions are set to 755. 2. I will have to check on that. 3. I get the error as does everyone else when just using the "test" image.

~;-)
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

What user does you web process run as? We use Apache so we set the workarea permissions to 775 and set the ownership to magick.apache.
lostboyz

Post by lostboyz »

magick wrote:What user does you web process run as? We use Apache so we set the workarea permissions to 775 and set the ownership to magick.apache.
Actually I now think I know what is going on. We upgraded ImageMagick to 6.4.2 on 06/30/08. Our MagickStudio installation is the same as when we installed it back on April 29, 2006. And I have heard there is a newer version of MagickStudio. So the question is, is a version conflict causing this error?

~;-)