-units option not recognized by montage command

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
andyroo

Post by andyroo »

Hello,

Currently, the montage command does not allow the -units option to be used with it; therefore, I can not set the dpi of the output image as I can with the convert command.

montage -density 300x300 infilename.eps -page 5100x3300 -tile 7x -geometry +25+10 outfilename.tif (output image here says 72 dpi)

convert -density 300x300 [b]-units PixelsPerInch[/b] infilename.tif outfilename.png (output image here says 300 dpi, the desired result)

Can this functionality be added to the montage command? I'm using ImageMagick-6.2.5-Q16.

Thanks,

Andrew
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

The -units option has been added to ImageMagick 6.2.6 Beta, available within a day or two. Thanks for the problem report.
andyroo

Post by andyroo »

Hello,
I installed ImageMagick 6.2.6 yesterday (19 Feb) and I see from the documentation on the ImageMagick website that the -units option has indeed been added to the montage command. However, I still can't get it to work; the output image still says it's 72 dpi (or 2 dpi if the output is png). Where in the command line should the -units option go? I've tried all sorts of variations, either before the infilename or before the outfilename (or both as below) and get the same result no matter what.

montage -density 300x300 -units PixelsPerInch infilename.eps -page 5100x3300 -tile 7x -geometry +25+10 -density 300x300 -units PixelsPerInch outfilename.tif

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Thanks for your help,

Andrew