Speckles on live server Image

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
mirrorworld
Authentication code: 1152

Speckles on live server Image

Post by mirrorworld »

Hi Guys

Hope someone can throw some light on this little problem.
My site products a custom image for the client using image Magick convert, the problem is on the localserver it's perfect but on the live server it has speckles / rogue coloured pixels , any ideas?
This is a live test page I've set up
http://www.mirrorworld.co.uk/testing/makeframed.asp

I hope someone has a solution.
Thanks
Bonzo

Re: Speckles on live server Image

Post by Bonzo »

You need to provide your versions of Imagemagick along with the command you are using.

Out of interest I also had a similar problem on a picture frame.

My original post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31782&p=145223&hilit=frame#p145223
Bug report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31783

Answer: change your Imagemagick version.
mirrorworld

Post by mirrorworld »

Version currently running on the server is 7.01-3
I've requested an update, but don't have a time schedule as yet, I'll post back on the forum as soon it's been updated. :-)
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

Can you provide your exact command line?
mirrorworld

Post by mirrorworld »

Hi Guys
There are 3 parts to the script the first creates the frame, the second drop shadow and perspective and the last just resizes
Part 1
makeFrame = img.convert(newMIrror, "-write", "mpr:image", "+delete",frameTop, "-write", "mpr:edge_top", "+delete", frameBtm, "-rotate", "180", "-write", "mpr:edge_btm", "+delete", "mpr:image", "-alpha", "set", "-bordercolor", "none", "-compose", "Dst", "-frame", frameWidthDims, "-compose", "over", "-transverse", "-tile", "mpr:edge_btm", "-draw", "color 10,5 floodfill", "-transpose", "-draw", "color 10,5 floodfill", "-transverse", "-tile", "mpr:edge_top", "-draw", "color 10,5 floodfill", "-transpose", "-draw", "color 10,5 floodfill", "mpr:image", "-gravity", "center", "-composite", "-despeckle", frameFinal)
resizeFinalMirror = img.convert("-resize", reSize, frameFinal, frameFinalResized)

Part 2
transformImage = img.convert("-matte", "-virtual-pixel", "transparent", "-distort", "Perspective", perspective, frameFinal, transformed)
addShadow = img.convert(transformed,"(", "+clone", "-background", "black", "-shadow", "50x4+12+12", ")", "-reverse", "-background", "none", "-layers", "merge", "+repage", Shadow)

Part 3
calcImage = img.convert("-resize",custSize, Shadow,calcImage)
enlarged = img.convert("-despeckle", "-resize","500x500","-normalize", Shadow,enlarged)

I can post the whole page if it helps
Cheers Guys
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

Can you write this in simple command line format? It is nearly impossible to read this way. And provide any input images?

If you save results from each stage, can you see where the speckles first appear?

Also you can add +write tmpX.png commands into various places in your code to see where the speckles occur within each stage. X=1,2,...
mirrorworld

Post by mirrorworld »

Thanks for the fast reply
I can see you've had this issue before,
It's a few years since I wrote the initial code and I know there's a newer version of IM, I'm just waiting for the server host to update the program first before I investigate further. It will probably benefit from a rewrite too, with any new options, may even make it a little quicker.
You've given me a couple of avenues to pursue :-) so many thanks... I'll post back here if I can't sort with what I've been given with the specific lines as requested.
Thanks again.
mirrorworld

Post by mirrorworld »

I'm a Happy Chappie.. :-)
After much to'ing and fro'ing with the host provider, I now have the latest version of Image Magick installed and working... plus NO SPECKLES !!!!