Issue with opening resolution changed TIFF file in Photoshop

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
Carter J
Authentication code: 6789

Re: Issue with opening resolution changed TIFF file in Photoshop

Post by Carter J »

Any suggestions how to deal with these kind of files (containing Profile-tiff:37724), so that we can open the files in Photoshop???
dlemstra

Post by dlemstra »

I don't understand what you are asking? Have you tried to remove it with '+profile tiff:37724'?
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate
Carter J

Post by Carter J »

dlemstra wrote:I don't understand what you are asking? Have you tried to remove it with '+profile tiff:37724'?
Hi,

We are able to remove the profile "tiff:37724'" and now the file is opening in Photoshop without any issue, but we lost image layers and transparency.

How to resample these types of files (which contains profile tiff:37724 ) without losing any data (may be layers data stored in tiff:37724)?

Please suggest
dlemstra

Post by dlemstra »

You can only accomplish that after we have researched how the tiff:37724 profile works and update it when the density changes. I have no idea when we will be able to find time to do this.
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate
Carter J

Post by Carter J »

dlemstra wrote:You can only accomplish that after we have researched how the tiff:37724 profile works and update it when the density changes. I have no idea when we will be able to find time to do this.
Thanks for the update, so can this be a considered as an ImageMagick bug?
We are stuck with this issue when converting Tiff files, so would love to get a fix in the next version release of ImageMagick.
Any estimated time will be of great help..
Carter J

Post by Carter J »

dlemstra wrote:You can only accomplish that after we have researched how the tiff:37724 profile works and update it when the density changes. I have no idea when we will be able to find time to do this.

Hi,

Any estimated timeline/release version for this.

We stuck with processing tiff files due to this issue

Thanks,
dlemstra

Post by dlemstra »

I am really sorry but I cannot give you an estimate on this. We work on this open source project as much as we can but we also have a normal day job and a social live. It will be done when it's done....

I will get back to this topic when it's done or I will contact you when I need more information.
dlemstra

Post by dlemstra »

Can you confirm that even a simple resize causes your file to not open in Photoshop?

Code: Select all

convert inputImage.tif[0] -reisze 50% outputImage.tiff
If this is happening we might have a bigger challenge :) I think we will have to read the layer data resize the layers and write them back to the file (in the tiff:37724 profile).
Carter J

Post by Carter J »

dlemstra wrote:Can you confirm that even a simple resize causes your file to not open in Photoshop?

Code: Select all

convert inputImage.tif[0] -reisze 50% outputImage.tiff
If this is happening we might have a bigger challenge :) I think we will have to read the layer data resize the layers and write them back to the file (in the tiff:37724 profile).
Yes, even after resize we not able to open the file

Thanks for looking into it