Fred's cylinderize Scripts

A plethora of command-line scripts that perform geometric transforms, blurs, sharpens, edging, noise removal, and color manipulations.
jatindersingh
Authentication code: 6789

Fred's cylinderize Scripts

Post by jatindersingh »

Hi,
I have successfully run the cylinderize script, but I want to know that is there any possiblity to use two or more objects(images) and make a single image cylinderize. Images will be on different angles and coodinates. I have tried alot to make it happen but still no results.

Thanks,
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Fred's cylinderize Scripts

Post by fmw42 »

Not sure I understand what exactly you want to do. But, if I understand you, the answer is no. The script runs with only one object and one overlay image at a time. You will need to run it twice, once for each object, changing arguments for each time you run it.

If you have to object images and overlay image and need them put into one final image, then create the two separate processes to put the texture onto the cylinders. Then make a mask for each one and composite the images. Alternately, composite the two object images or append them or how ever you want them at the end and run cylinderize twice on the composite image.

If you have one cylinder object and multiple images you want to wrap around it, then you can use cylinderize to find and save the argument and displacement map for that object and export it. Then you can use cylinderwarp to wrap any texture/overlay image about the same object image so that you do not need to tune it each time, plus it runs faster.

If I misunderstand and none of these cases is what you are trying to do, then please clarify and upload an example images with more than one object and the images to put on the objects. You can upload to any free hosting service such as dropbox.com and put the URLs here.
jatindersingh
Authentication code: 6789

Post by jatindersingh »

I have one cylinder object and multiple images to wrap on it. I have created the displacement map for object and export it. After this cylinderize script will return the single wrapped image. But I want cylinderize script to return multiple images, So that I can use those wrapped images later as a single image.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

I am still not sure I understand. Perhaps you can provide an example of putting multiple images onto one cylinder. Do you mean all the images onto the cylinder in one output or do you mean one output for each image?

My script cannot do the former in one pass of the script, but could do it by running the output as the input for the next image.

The latter can be done with cylinderwarp after running cylinderize and exporting the displacement map and arguments. You take the arguments and put them into the proper place in cylinderwarp. Then you provide the displacement map with one input image and the object and it will put the image onto the object as it was when you ran cyliderize. However, you now can use another image with the same cylinderwarp and have it put on the object.

Perhap you can upload a couple of your images and your object image and an example output or diagram or explain what you want (one output for all images or one output for each image). You can upload your images to some place like dropbox.com and provide the URLs here. Then perhaps I can get a better understanding of what you are trying to do.