How to apply image width on image generated by freds script

A plethora of command-line scripts that perform geometric transforms, blurs, sharpens, edging, noise removal, and color manipulations.
nasir101m
Authentication code: 6789

How to apply image width on image generated by freds script

Post by nasir101m »

How to apply width on image generated by fred texteffect script. I am trying with [-S size] but it is not working. Can anyone help me

Code: Select all

<?php
  exec("bash ./texteffect_1.sh -t 'SOME PLAIN TEXT' -s plain -e normal -f Arial -p 48 -S 400 -c royalblue -b white -x 0 text.png", $out,$returnval);
?>
And how to apply textalign (left, right and center) on multiline text?
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: How to apply image width on image generated by freds scr

Post by fmw42 »

texteffect is not designed to do multiple lines though it may work if you put in line feeds at the appropriate places. It uses label: and not caption: It also has no alignment argument since it will only produce approximately the width or height desired. It trims the image so that effectively it is centered and trimmed. IM cannot produce an exact size. It gets as close as it can for the dimensions and point size. Thus I trim the image to remove the execess that IM leaves.

To specify an approximate width with the -S argument, read the instructions. It says it must include and "x" such as -S 400x for width or -S x400 for height.

This works fine for me.

I am not sure what script you are running since its name is texteffect_1.sh. What modifications have you made?

texteffect -t 'SOME PLAIN TEXT' -s plain -e normal -f Arial -p 48 -S 400x -c royalblue -b white -x 0 text.png

The resulting image is 384 x 33