Can't run Fred's texteffect script

A plethora of command-line scripts that perform geometric transforms, blurs, sharpens, edging, noise removal, and color manipulations.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Can't run Fred's texteffect script

Post by fmw42 »

bc: command not found
Apparently bc is NOT installed properly.

Also -distort arc was not introduced until 6.3.5-5. So that will not be available, as I said earlier.

Other effects may or may not work depending upon version and if they do, they may run slowly. See comment in script about older versions and use of -fx.
brishtiteveja

Post by brishtiteveja »

I want to learn the mathematical algorithm that fred used in his texteffect.actually I want to know the algorithm that is being used in imagick to create texteffect.like we are using the commannd convert to convert an image to a different shape.how this command is working in imagick.it has some algorithm or mathematics right.even in ms word there is wordart that can create beautiful text shapes.
I am hardly in need of the algorithm to create concave text and lower edge concave text and verticular text.can anyone help me to find out how imagick convert ..... works this way for this shapes.I don't wanna use imagick.I want to write code by myself may be in php that can make those conversions.
Any types of suggessions,source url,discussion encouraged.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

you can run my texteffect script using PHP "exec" command with little change.

The mathematics of many of the techniques are in some of my other scripts, such as 3Drotate, pincushion, etc. But texteffect is not just one algorithm, but a mix of many of those. Also there is much on Anthony's web page http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/distorts/ and at http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/warping/