For this suite, we need a few test images.
If you have one or more digital photograph that you think would be good, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or through this Forum.
- NO DESTRUCTIVE COMPRESSION (jpeg is out)
- Natural images (no CG or vector graphics).
- Released under a liberal licence (CC-0, CC-by or public domain, for example).
- We'll thank you in the thesis, so you must be OK with your name being associated with the image (and the license).
- Image content should not offend reasonable people of most faiths and political persuasions. If you would not want your children to see it, it's not suitable.
- Raw digital photograph.
- The image should be at least 1682x1682.
- A significant portion should be in sharp focus.
- It should be possible to describe the image as "high quality". If it was not produced with a good digital SLR, it's probably not suitable.
- We'll convert to 16-bit sRGB TIFF and crop to 840x840 (or 841x841).
- We'll remove the metadata (but may copy it in the documentation).
- We'll downsample it various ways, and upsample it various ways, and compute a number of image metrics on the difference.
- We'll distribute it with the suite, and a copy of the cropped version will be shown in the thesis.
- We can't promise that the image won't end up elsewhere (once we put the suite out, it will be up for grabs).