Q: Ghostscript not multi threaded ?

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We suspect that Ghostscript is not multi-threaded. To be safe we probably should declare the Postscript interpreter as not threadable. When the non-threaded attribute is set, ImageMagick provides a semaphore to serialize the Postscript interpreter. We'll get this patch in ImageMagick 6.2.6-2 Beta available by tommorrow.
Dilshod

I have the same issue

Post by Dilshod »

I posted a similar problem that occurs under Linux and running through Oracle database (which is multithreaded). Today I was coming back to the forum to find if the problem was solved.

My original post

"Read PDF from BLOB and Export it as PNG BLOB."
http://redux.imagemagick.org/discussion ... php?t=4494

PS. I am using "ImageMagick-6.2.4"
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

The patch to serialize PDF/PS is in ImageMagick 6.2.6-2 Beta which is scheduled for release in about a week. You can try a pre-release version, just download from ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/beta.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

ImageMagick is still multithreaded, its just serial for the specific case of calling Ghostscript.