Memory Allocation Failed

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
suciuvlad
Authentication code: 8675308

Memory Allocation Failed

Post by suciuvlad »

Mgick::ImageMagickError (memory allocation failed Mgick::ImageMagickError (memory allocation failed agick::ImageMagickError (memory allocation failedagick::ImageMagickError (memory allocation failed `/var/www/vhosts/fyves.com/rails/public/assets/pictures/6/original/6-Red_Back.jpg' @ error/quantize.c/QuantizeImage/2580):

Im receiving this error. I'm doing some image manipulations and if i repeat some steps multiple times(like zoom in/zoom out) i get this error. Anyone knows a fix for that?
magick
Site Admin

Re: Memory Allocation Failed

Post by magick »

You may have a memory leak. Color reduction is resource intensive but we've only seen it fail on an iPhone. We assume your 5-Red_Back.jpg is a reasonable size, perhaps less than 4000x4000 pixels?
suciuvlad
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Memory Allocation Failed

Post by suciuvlad »

Thanks for your reply.
Well, the size of the picture will vary, it can go beyond the reasonable size you specified. However, i reproduced the error with a small picture too(400x400).
Memory leak it's possible since im composing 2-3 images inside the script at a request.