Import SVG and preserve editable text

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
alexlsg
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Import SVG and preserve editable text

Post by alexlsg »

fmw42 wrote:Your link downloads as dmg. When clicked it has an installer that my antivirus software warns about. So I did not try to use the app. Please upload in a form that is not an app, perhaps as a zip file. I do not believe that DMG files are Windows-friendly, either.

I uploaded as SVG. I tested now, clicked on the link from my iPhone and it downloaded as SVG also.

Maybe you clicked on another place (an ad for ex) inside the link I sent you?
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

Still getting a DMG file, that when clicked creates an app that is rejected by my antivirus. I clicked your link at http://www.2shared.com/file/Fy2xctLV/fr ... etest.html.

Please do not use DMG files as I explained above.
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

OK. There are two download buttons. The other downloads an xml file (SVG). But I do not have time to review it today.
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

On quick review, I see no text in the file, only paths. So you probably need to use Illustrator in a different way to add actual text. I believe user snibgo found the same. He knows more about SVG files than I. So I will defer to him on this.
alexlsg

Post by alexlsg »

I got what went wrong! Please click on the "download" button on the bottom.
The 2 top ones are adds to install a program.
alexlsg

Post by alexlsg »

Ok Fred, thanks.
There is one with curves, and other with text.

As Snibdo mentioned, the one with text does have text on code, but each character individually editable, while I need them to be normally editable
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

As Fred says, the SVG file from Illustrator is editable in any text editor.

However, that SVG from Illustrator wasn't designed to be edited by humans. I wouldn't want to do it even with a computer. It's much easier to create an SVG file from scratch, using ordinary strings of text. That text can follow paths, with raster or vector images behind it or in front. See my "SVG text" page for examples.

Of course, you can use Illustrator (or Inkscape, as I do) to create SVG files, then chop out bits you don't want and insert extra bits.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
alexlsg

Post by alexlsg »

Thanks Snigbo, Wirting from scratch is out of reach for me.

I need a simple workflow were I can design a logo in Illusttator, save as SVG with editable text, host in my website, and let a user use my IM design tool and change its text to whatever he wants.

Might be a problem with the SVG file, or the way my designer tools reads the file...