Version problem Imagick & ImageMagick

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
jeffreyg
Authentication code: 6789

Version problem Imagick & ImageMagick

Post by jeffreyg »

I'm having a problem with letting both Imagick & ImageMagick working both on my computer. its either one of them working but never both of them. I used these steps to get it working: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24673

For some reason I can't find the right match in version.

I got a local Xampp server on a Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit system. It has PHP 5.4.7 on it with MSVC9 Compiler. (Looked those things up in my php.ini and its the right one). Xampp is installed in the E:/ folder (E:/xampp).

1. I installed ImageMagick version 6.8.8.1 by using the .dll.exe 6.8.8.1-Q16-x86.dll.exe and I got it from here: http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/multimedia/grap ... /binaries/. (The reason why I picked this one, is because this one is an .exe file). I installed it in the xampp folder: E:/xampp/ImageMagick

2. After the installation I can use the exec(); command in my php code (htdocs) which is working like a charm.

Code: Select all

exec("convert -strip -units PixelsPerInch  inputs.jpg -resample 100 -set density 100 savedimage/output.jpg", $return);
3. I downloaded Imagick for PHP 5.4 and put the php_imagick.dll in the php/ext/ folder. (E:/xampp/php/ext/) After that I enabled it in my php.ini with extension=php_imagick.dll. Then I rebooted my system. Download location: http://pecl.php.net/package/imagick/3.1.2/windows

4. When I started checking with the following code:

Code: Select all

if (!extension_loaded('Imagick')) {
        echo "Its not there.";
  }

else {
		echo "Its there.";
  }
I received the last echo: "Its not there.", so I copied all the other .dll files into the E:/xampp/ImageMagick folder. From that moment on I got the echo: "Its there."

5. When I tried to execute the exec(); from above there was no output. So I checked the version again and it said: 6.8.8.4.

Ofcourse the question remains why I want both to work. I know a bit how ImageMagick works but I need Imagick as image library for CodeIgniter. So by having both on my computer I can do some testing and try to get the same output with Imagick and ImageMagick.

My question is: is there a way to make them both work together or find a matching Imagick - ImageMagick? And how should I install it to get them both working?
Bonzo

Re: Version problem Imagick & ImageMagick

Post by Bonzo »

Yes they will both work together as I had them working on a XAMPP setup a few years ago.

There was a problem with Imagick and php 5.4 -> everytime somebody visited a page on my website it generated and error and by the time I found there was a very large error log.

I have just tried installing Imagick again after not being able to get it to work for a couple of years with php 5.5 I do not get the errors I had before where Apache would not start but for some reason php will not find it.

I know not much help but Imagick and Windows is a problem.
jeffreyg

Post by jeffreyg »

Yeah so it seems.. I used pretty much every search term I knew on both google and these forums to find a good solution to get them both working. All thats left that I can find are purple google links with dead-ends. Thanks anyway for your reply. I now know that I'm not the only one experiencing the problem.

Is there much difference between ImageMagick - Imagick with Windows and Linux?
jeffreyg

Post by jeffreyg »

I fixed the problem thanks to this site:

http://www.peewit.fr/imagick/

Shows you the builds of ImageMagick with a working Imagick.dll. Works like a charm now.
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

That is the site I downloaded my dll from but as I say it did not work.

Thanks for reporting back and I may have another go.
jeffreyg

Post by jeffreyg »

No problem. I will make a quick summery of what I did:

The only thing is that I had to downgrade my ImageMagick a bit. I used 6.8.8-1 and now I'm using 6.8.1-8. At least it works for me now with the following specs:

Windows: 32-bit
Compiler: MSVC9
PHP version: 5.4
ImageMagick version: 6.8.1-8 Q16

Then 1 of these 2 .dll files:

Thread safe

http://www.peewit.fr/imagick/vc9/x86/ts/php_imagick.dll

Non-Thread safe

http://www.peewit.fr/imagick/vc9/x86/nt ... magick.dll

And because I don't want those path issues, I installed it in the Xampp folder itself. So now in my phpinfo(); I see Imagick enabled and I can use it and I can still use exec();

So downgrading ImageMagick to the version that suits the .dll file of the PHP version did it for me.