Deskew Tolerance

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
thorsted
Authentication code: 67789

Deskew Tolerance

Post by thorsted »

Hello all,

I use the -deskew option quite frequently to straighten scanned page sin my workflow. Usually a tolerance of 40% works best. A problem occurs when I deskew a bunch of images where a few are mostly images on the page. The -deskew option actually skews them more then they were originally.

If anyone aware of other options I can use to when calling the -deskew option? Maybe letting it know if the deskew value is over a certain amount that it would not deskew?

I like the option related to the -rotate where we can use the "<" or ">" to add a little logic to the command.

Thank you.

Tyler Thorsted.
Version: ImageMagick 6.7.6-7 2012-05-04 Q16
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Deskew Tolerance

Post by fmw42 »

Perhaps you could post links to a before and after result that is not what you would like. But I don't think there are any other arguments to be used with -deskew. If you have large rotations, and you are on Linux, Mac or Windows w/Cygwin, you could try my unrotate script at the link below. Run the script from a PHP exec() call.