Really basic installation questions.. (please help!)

MagickWand for PHP is an object-oriented PHP interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning MagickWand for PHP.
jonathanKool

Really basic installation questions.. (please help!)

Post by jonathanKool »

Hi, my name is Jonathan and at my old job the web hosting company installed Magick Wand for PHP for us. All the web hosts that I've spoken to will not install it for me, so I need to install it for myself.

I work on Mac Os X, (but I also have windows,) and the server is run on Linux. I tried following the installation instructions, but there is no ext folder in my php installation, because everything is in CPanel which is basically a general purpose administrative tool that, among others, provides you access phpmyadmin and other resources. In other words, I can't find folder where I am supposed to place the Magick Wand folder. What should I do in this case?

Also, when I installed Image Magick in Windows, it never seems to be working correctly although I follow all the instructions perfectly. I would do the test "convert logp: image.jpg" and nothing would happen. in the bin directory inside the Visual Magick directory, there would just be the image.jpg file, and it would remain unchanged. Is this normal behavior, and if it isn't what do you suggest I do?

I am really desperate, I have been trying to get web hosts to install it for me and install it myself for a week now. I am a real novice when it comes to this sort of thing, and I would appreciate any help anyone could provide! :-(

Sincerely, and thank you in advance,

Jon
jonathanKool

Re: Really basic installation questions.. (please help!)

Post by jonathanKool »

Hi guys, 19 views but no reply. Well, maybe that is because my last post was unclear, I really only have one problem:

On the guide to installing Magick Wand on this website: http://www.magickwand.org/, I can only get to step 2), because I cannot find the php source directory. By php_src_dir do they mean just the root? Like the highest level in the directory structure? I don't know what my php_src_dir is.. like I said in my previous post, there is a CPanel administrative tool, I don't know if I can access my php directory if there is one. Anyways, When I SSH to my server and check the Image Magick version, it returns 6.x.x so I believe I installed it correctly.

Therefore, my only problem right now is that I don't know where to run "phpize"...
Any answer is appreciated, even if you might think your answer is stupid!

Thanks!

Warm regards,

Jonathan Laplante
andrabr

Re: Really basic installation questions.. (please help!)

Post by andrabr »

Well, on Debian i found ext directory at /usr/include/php5/ext

phpize did work for me, but now I am a step ahead of you: stuck at step 3!

Suggestions, anyone?

A>