shared webhosting with MagickWand

MagickWand for PHP is an object-oriented PHP interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning MagickWand for PHP.
micsky

shared webhosting with MagickWand

Post by micsky »

I’m hoping to find some help here in locating a good reliable shared webhosting company that has available MagickWand for PHP. Please do forgive my ignorance, but I never have installed this application before and from what I can see it does require PHP to be recompiled. I have spoken with one “webhosting company” which does allow shell access, but kept giving me conflicting information that yes I can / no I can’t install this app on my account (note I don’t have an account with them yet). If anyone has installed this application on a shared webhosting environment, please let me know and with what hosting company.

Only hosting provider found so far which has API preinstalled is micfo. However I’m trying to compile a list of others so I can make a good decision.
So with your help, I hope to compile a list of shared webhosting companies that do have it installed OR allow it to be installed.

My requirements are:
10 Gig+ storage
100 Gig transfer
Mysql
PHP
ImageMagick with MagickWand for PHP
Fast reliable network
Several hosting domains
Cost no more then $20/month

Thanks in advanced. I’d appreciate your feedback.
-mike
KillaH425

Re: shared webhosting with MagickWand

Post by KillaH425 »

I know that GoDaddy.com, despite many other's complaints, has ImageMagick installed (not MagickWand for PHP). You cannot install MagickWand for PHP, but you can use ImageMagick by using exec('/usr/local/bin/convert ...');. GoDaddy's help tells you what folder it is in, but you only get the convert tool. You can do composite with convert, but I forget how.
ridera

Post by ridera »

Look in the upper right hand corner of this page, NetworkRedux. They are absolutely terrific. Support is super.

They installed MagickWand and Imagick for me, without hesitation.

After working with both, I've decided Imagick is best for my purposes.

Al...........
micsky

Post by micsky »

Thanks for the response. After lots of research looking for a new shared webhosting service, I ended up going for a vps so I can do whatever I want with it.