OSX - display: delegate library support not built-in '' (X11)

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: OSX - display: delegate library support not built-in '' (X11)

Post by fmw42 »

Have you tried installing xorg-libX11 with ImageMagick.

I do not know if this is relevant. But I install all my delegates from MacPorts and then install IM 6 or IM 7 from source. See https://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-s ... =1&t=29100. It works for OSX Sierra (my current version). You may need different compilers.

fastsailing

Post by fastsailing »

I have not and don't (think I) know how to. Unlike MacPorts, Homebrew doesn't provide XQuartz/X11 as a package, so us homebrewers tend to download and install the XQuartz package (including server and x11 libs) directly from https://www.xquartz.org (what I did), or you can do it as a cask ("brew cask install xquartz"). There's no x11 components installable via homebrew otherwise anymore as far as I know.

Mixing homebrew and MacPorts is not recommended, so I'm unsure how to get x11 components installed independently from what the XQuartz installer provides.

However in researching the above, x11 support seems to have been removed entirely from the IM that is provided under homebrew? In which case, "display" is definitely not going to work! https://discourse.brew.sh/t/desire-to-a ... agick/4158

BlueWave95

Post by BlueWave95 »

I mentioned in an earlier post that the only way it worked for me is to get the osx version of the source and compile from scratch.

I recently had to wipe my HD clean and starting from scratch so I'm going to recompile it again. I'm going to reusing the info in my post to compile and install it again.

BlueWave95

Post by BlueWave95 »

user001 wrote:
2019-12-10T20:45:44-07:00
Hey BlueWave95. I've also found the ImageMagick binary for Mac to be broken for some time (X11 support was working in the past). Thanks for posting your install route. What did you put in /opt/local/{include,lib} ? Just the delegates suggested by Install-mac.txt? (freetype +bytecode, librsvg, graphviz +gs +wmf +jbig +jpeg2 +lcms) Did you use MacPorts for those or can they be easily obtained without a package manager? Cheers.
Yes I just installed what mentioned int the install-mac file and a few others I found out I needed via macports. (I assume you can get the same via homebrew as well). Make sure you also install XQuartz and that it's running when you run magick.

This is my list:

sudo port -v install freetype +bytecode
sudo port -v install librsvg
sudo port -v install graphviz +gs +wmf +jbig +jpeg2 +lcms
sudo port install jpeg
sudo port install freetype
sudo port -v install ghostscript +x11
sudo port -v fftw-3