Saving Disk Space..

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
quanghai
Authentication code: 1152

Saving Disk Space..

Post by quanghai »

Im a bit litle confused: In fact what I need is to resize a batch of images to a fixed print height in order to cheat my chunky A4 Canon mp 250 to do the work without wasting paper or adding HUGE margins.

So im writing a batch file over windows xp to set every image to its final size at its final configuration offset, the matter is that reescaling an image of a few kb to an A4 size increase its size in order of 10ths of Mb (I dont know why as im trying to not touch resolution).

The idea is to print cbr comics at maximum posible size so when i bend the page for printing the comic dont look extra small.
Anyone help me? Im a bit desoriented, thanks.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Saving Disk Space..

Post by snibgo »

Resizing an image to increase the number of pixels will usually also increase the file size in bytes. What are the file formats? Png, jpg, or what?

You are making these files just for printing, and can then delete them. So why does the disk space matter?
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com