convert on psd generates corrupted psd

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
mylastgg
Authentication code: 1152

convert on psd generates corrupted psd

Post by mylastgg »

Hello!
I'm running this simple convert command:

Code: Select all

convert image.psd +distort SRT "0,0  .25  0  0,0" image.psd
and it's working just fine. Unfortunately I cannot open the psd anymore after the command.
Is this the proper way of resizing psd files? Why would the resulting psd file be corrupted?
fmw42

Re: convert on psd generates corrupted psd

Post by fmw42 »

try using -resize to resize your image. If that fails, then post your ImageMagick version and platform and your PSD file. If you PSD files have group layer and other more specialized features, then ImageMagick may not work adequately. Also see the PSD defines (esp psd:additional-info=all|selective) at https://imagemagick.org/script/command- ... php#define
mylastgg

Re: convert on psd generates corrupted psd

Post by mylastgg »

thanks for the reply! some psd indeed have grouped layers and I think that's what causing the issue. In addition -resize doesn't seem to produce precise enough results (some layers are used as an overlay over the main background layer and their position needs to be extremely precise).
I'll check the psd:additional-info=all|selective flag!