Network Programmer wondering how to start graphics programmi

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
pcompassion

Network Programmer wondering how to start graphics programmi

Post by pcompassion »

Hi,

I have almost no background on image stuff, recently understood 1024*768 means there are 1024 * 768 columns that you can specify colors.
I was looking for c++ image editing library that I could use and came here.
Since I don't have no graphics programming background, i'd like to get some advice on how to start.
A book or site recommendation which can help me to get started would be very helpful.
(maybe I should start learning definitions of graphic related terms such as resolution, pixel, alpha, transform and so on)
(I won't have much problem with programming in general or math)

Below is what i'd like to accomplish in the end.

I want to develop a simple graphic puzzle ( something similar to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxbD6IeLylw )
I'll have an original image, and another image with the same shape but divided into several parts.
I want to chop the original image into the several parts(which are defined in second image.) I think a related term is 'masking'
And let the users to drag separated parts to reconstruct the original image.

In short, I'd like to chop an image apart based on its accompanying image with border information, and let users to reconstruct the original image.

I can delve into downloading imagemagick source code and start incorporating the library into my project, but I strongly feel that I need some preparation.

It'll be targeted to iphone. Maybe I should be looking more into Quartz?
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Last edited by pcompassion on 2010-09-19T23:32:31-07:00, edited 1 time in total.
lwhistler
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Network Programmer wondering how to start graphics progr

Post by lwhistler »

Perhaps this might help using Qt4: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/draganddro ... icons.html

I compiled the Draggable Icons Example and got it working, but I didn't understand why it worked. I briefly dabbled in C++ and Qt4.

----